- You might ask your friends and colleagues for a referral.
- You Google it.
In this article, I focus on Google simply because it’s the 800lb gorilla. Google reviews get substantially more views and search hits than Yelp or other review sites. So, it makes sense to push your efforts to that platform. With that said, everything I outline in this article can also be applied to any of your favorite review sites.
Where It Begins
Long before you even mention reviews to a patient, make sure you have established two things: rapport and goals.
The Moment to Ask
Making It Easier
- Having a well-designed postcard on hand in the exam room that gives easy-to-follow instructions for how to leave a review. (Screenshots can help, too.)
- Send them a link (via email or SMS) to a short screen share video that walks them through the process.
An Option for Company Announcements
- We hired a new, amazing NP to staff
- One of NPs was going on maternity leave